Monday, June 20, 2011

True Blood and Dog Fighting

I'm a sucker for all the vampire stuff that has come out in the past few years. I tried to resist it, but it sucked me in (no pun intended). True Blood on HBO is by far my favorite. I own Season 1-3 and cannot wait for Season 4 to come out (airs on the 26th!). Season 3 touches on dog fighting, which as an animal rights advocate, is something I really care about. Plus, I own 2 pit mixes! Here is how True Blood and dog fighting wrap together:


(From this Change.org article:) "If you don't watch True Blood, here's the background: Sam Merlotte is a shapeshifter who was ditched by his family when he was just a pup. This season, he meets his family for the first time, including a younger brother, Tommy Mickens. In an earlier episode, the brothers go for a run in dog form; Sam picks his favorite breed, a collie, and Tommy shifts into a pit bull. It turns out that Sam's deadbeat dad has been taking both Tommy and their mom into the fighting pit for years...Sam tracks down the dog fighting ring to save his brother." 


















(Tommy as a pit bull; hbo.com)


Here is the link to the full article on Change.org on how True Blood and HBO handled dog fighting the right way. Really good article!


I will probably touch back on dog fighting A LOT. We are huge Philadelphia Eagles football fans, which leads to Michael Vick, whose name is now basically synonymous with dog fighting. Can people change?

No comments:

Post a Comment