Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Its pretty crazy how something as simple as reading one blog can change your life path forever.


When I first started college 4 years ago I wanted to study psychology. And I really liked it, but wasn't passionate about it. Then I decided I wanted to be a veterinarian because I LOVE animals. But who wants to go to school for what feels like 20 years? Then I wanted to study art. Then computer science. Then anthropology. Then sociology. Then education. Then social work. Then I was completely undecided and finally went for general studies. And while I'm interested in all of these topics, I am definitely not passionate enough about any of them to seriously study them and pursue a career in them. Nothing just ever seemed to stick with me. There was just always something missing.

To add fuel to the fire, I changed schools several times. I started at a small, private school. Then considered switching to a trade school to be a veterinary technician, but settled on a very large, public school. Then finally transferred to an online university.

So what does all of this have to do with reading one blog?

Well, about 4 years ago I ran across my first blog. I don't remember when exactly. I don't remember where I was. And unfortunately, I don't remember whose blog it was. The important thing was that it fueled something in me. It made me realize that I wanted to be part of that online environment. Now that we have realized that social media can open doors for companies and truly connect people all around the world, it has made me realize I want to make a career out of it. It now just seems like I've been struggling to find my voice for 4 long years.

Image via here


















I have finally decided to study Marketing. And I have finally chosen a school that fosters my learning 100% and allows me move at my own pace. AND I just started a great social media marketing internship at a small company that I think will help me grow professionally.

It all happened from reading one blog. Who knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment