Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Life and Death

This past weekend my husband and I went up to northern Indiana to visit my sister-in-law and her beautiful, 2-week-old baby girl. Now, I have to admit I have never really liked babies. I haven't been around babies very much, and don't normally get the awe factor that other women do. But holding a peaceful, newborn baby is truly like nothing else I have ever felt. I think someday, I maybe (possibly) just might want to have child. In the meantime, I am happy with saving dog lives.


But now the topic of death. We passed more graveyards in our 6 hours of driving than I could even count! I'm not sure why, but I am so intrigued by cemeteries and the emotion surrounding them. A cemetery is really one of the most beautiful places to me. Strangely, I have never been to a cemetery because I don't really know anyone that has died. Maybe its just the mystery surrounding them that I love...


It was just so strange that our trip was surrounded with the opposing "forces" of birth and death. 

Its the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment