Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekly Money Check-up 9/26/11


I have REALLY been reflecting on my financial well-being lately because my sister in New York surprised me by sending me a great book called Smart Couples Finish Rich. I loved the easy flow and style of the book, so now I really hope my husband will sit down and read it so we can build our financial future together. The concepts of the book were pretty simple and many of them I had already heard before, but hearing them again and having the author's little voice in my head makes me feel empowered. I'll be 25 in just 2.5 years, so I want to really have a clear picture in my head at that time of where I'm at and where I want to go with my career, finances, starting a family, etc. 
For now, I can focus on last week though. =) 









Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. Check it out!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on… oh, probably food! We just can't get our food budget were we want it to be (we spend way too much). 
2. Today I am thankful for the little things. Holding a sleeping baby. Road trips. Singing songs in the car with my husband. 
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was visit my baby niece. Seeing the light in my husband's eyes when he held baby Hannah made me truly realize he wants to be a father (and will be a wonderful one).
4. I will consider this week a success if I get some rest. I feel exhausted.
5. A talent I wish I had is a great singing voice. I love music and love singing, but my voice breaks glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment