Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekly Money Check- Up: 10/24/11


Last week I was in so much jaw pain, I barely blogged. I slept a lot. And I ate pretty much a whole bottle of ibuprofen. 


I skipped my weekly money check-up last week, but I've already erased last week from my memory, so I will just pretend it didn't happen. I'm happy to say I am almost back to normal, and unfortunately  am trying to come back to reality. Seeing the My Pretty Pennies money check-up this morning helped me remember that sadly, I have responsibilities...



Image via My Pretty Pennies















1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on dog food and treats. Three dogs take a lot of care!
2. Today I am thankful for modern medicine. I strongly advocate for alternative therapies (herbs, natural foods, etc.), but sometimes good ol' pain meds can't be beat.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was spending time with my niece, my grandpa, AND my husband's grandparents. This past weekend was truly a rare occasion!
4. I will consider this week a success if my jaw pain doesn't debilitate me again!
5. The next big trip I am taking is to Pennsylvania! I barely ever go out of town because I can't stand leaving my dogs (I am a worry wart), but my husband has talked me into visiting Pennsylvania. We hope to move there in a few years, so I better make sure I like it!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Maybe if you move to PA I cam finally get you to NYC - it's close! By the way, you look exactly like Dad in the canines and coffee picture - crazy.

Alonna said...

Hi Andrea!
I can't wait to actually come to NYC and visit. We're looking at the North-central or Philadelphia areas of PA because my in-laws live there. It would definitely cut the distance by more than half!

Post a Comment