Monday, November 7, 2011

No Spend November/ Weekly Money Check-Up: 11/07

My Pretty Pennies, Thanks for keeping me on track with my weekly money check-up......
My husband and I actually have made November a no-spend month. We are one week in and doing great! We've spent on the normal stuff like the bills, grocery, and pet stuff, but we are not going shopping or going out to eat. I hope that the money we save this month will inspire us for next month (and the next and the next...).

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on the mortgage, but we also paid on our car payment and student loans. The beginning of the month stinks!
2. Today I am thankful for my sweet mother-in-law. One day last week was National Deviled Egg Day, and I missed it. My MIL knows I LOVE deviled eggs and made them for Sunday lunch.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was walking ALL three of the dogs TWICE last week. Nothing makes me happier than seeing the fur-babies happy.
4. I will consider this week a success if I can start working on my coursework for next term. I want (and need!) to get a good start on the term so I can get done fast. The end is so close, I can feel it!
5. have mixed feelings about Indiana. I love that my family and friends are here, and it's pretty much all that I know. But, I am just not satisfied here. I hate the crazy weather. And everyone is way too conservative. Maybe I will fall in love with Pennsylvania when we go NEXT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment